Friday, January 17, 2014

Nanay :)

         My very first blog is dedicated to a lost loved one but will forever be in my heart.

       If you were able to read "The Fault in our Stars" by John Green,Hazel Grace, the cancer patient,didn't like how people would post on the wall page of a cancer patient who had just died the words- You'll live forever in our hearts. The word "forever" implies the immortality of those left behind.

         I'd still love to use the same word not that I am immortal but my love for my Nanay is eternal. Years had passed but every time I utter the word Nanay it is still the same  way I utter it whenever I spoke with my dear grandmother- Nanay Nene. She preferred "Nanay" than "Lola" because she felt it is more pleasant to the ears and  sweeter than the latter. (And I am not fueling an argument to those who call their grandmas Lola  hehe :D, each in his own) I may have lost her on the 17th day, July of 2008 but the values, discipline and the lessons she taught me as I grew up are the bars of golds and diamonds I will treasure my whole life.

         She didn't die young but she always seemed young to me. Apart from not having so much wrinkles you usually get when you get old(yeah she only had three to five lines, and I am a bragging granddaughter here!), it was the smile on her face whenever I arrive home from school, the twinkle in her eyes as she told me stories of her youth and the glamour she possessed despite old age----- she was young. 

         She was a strong woman. If I turn 60 or 70 I wish I could have the strength of character and will she had when she was alive. She was a woman of principle, wisdom and standards. She was never afraid to talk about the regrets in her life. She was one strong woman to fight the illness that made her bedridden for one and a half years. That's how long she fought. That's how long she had suffered. During these days I wished I could give some years of my life to her so she would live longer. I wished I could feel the pain so she won't suffer that much. But some wishes do not come true because there's always God's plans for you. 

         I love you so much Nay! We love you so much and you will forever be in our hearts. Forever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment